Program/What can we learn from the Feminist movement for knowledge equity?
Jump to navigation Jump to search
What can we learn from the Feminist movement for knowledge equity?
- Round Table
- Knowledge equity
- When and where
- Sunday 22 July, 12:00
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Cape Town
- Topic area
- Relationship to theme
Participation & representation
This talk will present some key lessons from the way the Feminist movement dealt with equity challenges over the years. I will draw explicit parallels to challenges we face, in knowledge representation, source selection, and countering bias. I will suggest things we could change or adapt in Wikimedia projects based on the accumulated wisdom and successes of the Feminist movement.
I hope attendees would adopt some feminist techniques to improve knowledge equity on Wikimedia projects (not just around gender).
- MassiveEartha (talk)
- ولاء (talk) 06:43, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
- Emna (talk) 19:18, 20 June 2018 (UTC)
- Armineaghayan (talk) 25 June 2018
- Virginia Díez (WMES) (talk) 11:38, 30 June 2018 (UTC)
- Balajijagadesh (talk) 06:30, 6 July 2018 (UTC)
- May Hachem93 (talk) 10:10, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
- IvaBerlin (talk) 18:02, 16 July 2018 (UTC)
- <add your username here if you are interested in attending>