We cannot guarantee that the information provided is accurate or in date. Even the official SA government websites may contain outdated or incorrect information. To avoid unpleasant surprises, get information regarding your visa application confirmed in writing.
South Africa enjoys particularly strong relations with countries in Europe, Southern Africa, North and South America. Most countries in these regions do not need a visa to enter and travel around South Africa if their stay in the country is less than 30 to 90 days.
Visa-free access[edit | edit source]
Free access (no visa required for stays of 90 days or less)
- Czech Republic
- Republic of Ireland
- New Zealand
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- United States
Free access (no visa required for stays of 30 days or less)
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Cape Verde
- Costa Rica
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
Passport holders of countries NOT listed above will need a visitors visa or a business visa to enter South Africa to attend the conference.
Applying for a Visitors Visa[edit | edit source]
Citizens of countries that are not one of the visa exempt countries listed above will require a visitor's visa for South Africa. The following documentation is needed when applying for this visa through a local South African consulate or embassy: [clarification needed]
- Valid passport with at least two (2) unused (blank) pages labeled Visa when presented at the Embassy or Consulate; one page for affixing the visa or permit by the embassy/consulate and the other page for endorsement of entry/departure stamp by the South African Immigration Services. Passport must be valid for 30 more days after the intended return date from South Africa.
- Prescribed form BI-84.Template:Dead link
- Two (2) passport photos
- Round trip flight itinerary
- Proof of sufficient funds (recent bank statement, credit card etc)
- Proof of hotel accommodation (hotel reservation or a letter of invitation from the host (relative or friend) in South Africa.
- Proof of host’s legal status in South Africa
- Non-refundable fee of $72.00 money order
- Yellow fever certificate is required if applicant passing through yellow fever belt area before entering South Africa.
The organising committee will support participants with special visa needs. Contact: ???????[clarification needed]
South African consulates and embassies[edit | edit source]
- Visa South Africa - information service for visas and immigration permits to South Africa
- Embassy information.com: Tool to find SA embassies
- Embassy-worldwide.com: Tool to find SA embassies
- List of South African embassies around the world.