Câu hỏi thường gặp
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Thông tin chung
- Wikimania là gì?
- Wikimania is the official annual conference of the Wikimedia Foundation. Topics of presentations and discussions include Wikimedia projects such as Wikipedia, other wikis, open-source software, free knowledge and free content, and social and technical aspects related to these topics.
- What is Wikimania 2018 about?
- Wikimania 2018 will host a wide range of activities including master lectures, unconferences, workshops, a hackathon, quick meetings, encounters, parties and regular chit-chat between wiki enthusiasts from around the world. There will be many events to attend and be part of!
- Where do I register?
- Please see Registration.
- If I don't want to be photographed, what should I do?
- Please ask for a black lanyard at any time at the registration desk to indicate that you would not like to be photographed.
- Are there any discounts or scholarships?
- Please read Scholarships.
- What should I bring?
- If you have one: a laptop and its charger,
- Power adapters (15 A 3-pin similar to BS 546 type M Adaptors for several international power plugs are available at most supermarkets and hardware stores, except for Australian and Chinese 3-pin plugs, which can be very difficult to find), If in doubt. the Europlug flat, two-pole, round-pin domestic AC power plug adaptors are a safe bet and these are in common use in South Africa, but usually cannot be plugged directly into the power socket. South African electrical power is nominally 230V 50Hz like most of the world, and most chargers will safely accept this input, but it is your responsibility to check your own equipment. If it draws power directly without using a charger and was made for 110V it may not be safe to use on 230V supply.
- Phone charger.
- What about the water shortage?
- See our page on the water shortage for the most recent information. It is not expected to have a major influence on the conference venue and accommodation arranged through WMF. If you make your own accommodation arrangements, please ask your accommodation provider.
- Do you provide childcare?
- No, but we will try to provide a list of options.
- What kind of meals will you be providing?
- Hot buffet lunches will be provided for attendees. Vegetarian, Halaal, Kosher, international and local cuisine options will be available.