Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is my Wikimania experience, planned and lived. Feel free to add notes i we talked or had an interaction.
My uploads to Commons will be in c:Category:Wikimania 2018 by Jan Ainali.
- Happy hour
- Showed the advantages and possibilities with a modern gimbal to Bishakha Datta.
- Started refactoring of c:Template:Flygfoto to take into account new authority responsible and new exceptions to the law with the help of User:Lokal Profil
- Created w:sv:Mall:Scholia with the collaboration of User:Daniel Mietchen
- Tried to improve the map templates on Swedish Wikipedia.
- Learned how to make a Lexeme and made my first
- Talked with User:Daniel Mietchen about m:Wikimedians for Disaster Response
- Finished refactoring c:Template:Flygfoto
- Participated in SPRINT: Wikidata properties for Structured Data on Commons and shared experinces from the 3D workshop we had with the Swedish National Heritage Board in January.
- Public Policy Meetup
- Welcome reception
- Talked with User:Julle and User:Daniel Mietchen about m:Wikimania 2019 in Sweden and how to make it awesome. Maybe with SDG's?
- 9:00-10:00 Welcome Session
- 10:30-11:00 Wikimedia Commons and GLAM needs around the world
- 11:00-12:00 Building tools to serve diverse users: Community Centered Software Development
- 12:00-12:30 Senior Citizens write Wikipedia
- Very interesting to hear about since we have made a few tries of this in Sweden. Big takeaway was to have a screening for basic computer literacy before accepting their application.
- Talked with User:Sara Mörtsell (WMSE) and User:André Costa (WMSE) over lunch about the SDG's as part of Wikimania 2019.
- 14.00-14:10 Helping new editors not to hit brick walls: a guide
- 14:10-15:00 Coolest African Projects - Be inspired
- 15:00-15:30 Coolest Projects of Wikimedia Chapters - Be Inspired
- 16:00-16:30 Livestreamed Using artificial intelligence to keep Wikipedia open on Facebook.
- 16:30-17:00 Sister project incubator - or, how to deal with knowledge gaps inherent in "What Wikipedia is not"
- 18:00-20:00 AI meetup - suggested that c:Category:Media needing categories would be a good backlog to attack
- 20:00-21:30 Program/Poster and art reception
- Talked with Unesco about collaboration on SDG's in Wikimania 2019
- Talked with User:Lilli Iliev (WMDE) about the EU copyright reform
- 21:30- Wikidata meetup
- 22:00- Strategy bar
- 11:30-12:30 WikiCite: Lifting a veil on the sources of free knowledge
- 13:00-14:00 Pre WikiNEM Meetup, suggested it should change name to Wikinemia
- 14:00-14:30 State of Wikimedia Research 2017-2018
- 14:45-15:30 Wikidata-enabled Infobox Workshop
- 16:00-17:00 Wikimedia and the spirit of Ubuntu: The power of unity in action
- 17:00-18:00 Wikimania 2019 Meeting
- Dinner with Wikimedia Norge
- 9:00-10:00 The Dangers of Supremely White Data and The Coded Gaze
- 10:30-12:00 Strategy in Regional and Thematic Groups
- 11:30-12:30 Pattypan workshop
- 12.30-14:00 Commons meetup - demoed VideoConvert
- 14:00-14:30 Livestreamed Building capacity with communities: WMF's Community Capacity Development program on Facebook
- 14:30-15:30 Hackathon Showcase - presented c:Template:Flygfoto
- 15:45-17:30 Closing session - recorded State of Cuteness
- 19:00-late Closing party
- Even later talks in the lobby about Wikimania 2019 in Sweden.