WikiCite roadmap meetup[edit | edit source]
We're hosting a meetup to discuss strategic directions for the WikiCite project, in preparation for the WikiCite 2018 event as well as existing efforts in the federated Wikibase ecosystem for libraries, archives, scientific institutions.
The goal is to develop a shared understanding and proposal of what data belongs in Wikidata, external knowledge bases, or a dedicated Wikibase instance as a sister project. The outcomes of this session will be discussed more broadly with the WikiCite community.
- Friday, 20 July 2018, 18:00-19:00 (extensible to 20:00)
- Room 3204 (32nd floor)
Questions for discussion[edit | edit source]
- The big question: where should bibliographic data go?
- in wikidata? out of wikidata?
- if out: where? how many wikibases?
- Who are the stakeholders & what do they need and desire?
- what features would help them?
- what data do they have?
- what data are they maintaining?
- What is the current size of the bibliographic universe?
- gray literature / other
- library records / library systems / catalog records
- creators & affiliations
- other (ex: freebase)
- What issues should we consider?
- with bibliographic metadata in wikidata now?
- what issues do we anticipate in the future?
- what is the ultimate size restriction of wikidata? (of wikibase)?
- WMF bottlenecks
- community bottlenecks
- stakeholder/library bottlenecks
Signup list[edit | edit source]
- Dario (WMF) (talk) 15:20, 19 July 2018 (UTC)
- Sj (talk) 15:22, 19 July 2018 (UTC)
- Quercusechinus (talk) 15:26, 19 July 2018 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 15:27, 19 July 2018 (UTC)
- Andra Waagmeester (talk) 15:27, 19 July 2018 (UTC)
- Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing; talk)
- OrbiliusMagister (talk)
- Beat Estermann (talk) 17:49, 20 July 2018 (UTC)