Lightning talk sessions will be held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday lunchtimes from 13:00 till 14:00 in the Esino Lario room
The idea of a lightning talk is to present an idea or a project -- it is not a finished or complete academic talk. Skip the implementation details -- tell us why your project is interesting and why we should care. Plan to present only one idea or project .
All talks are 5 minutes maximum. If you use slides, please prepare these on your laptop and have them ready to go. Please attend the whole session and line up ahead of your talk so that things can move quickly.
- If you wish to make a presentation, please write your presentation topic and sign your name (~~~~) at your preferred day.
- Signup is on a "first come, first served" basis.
- If you cannot attend or give your talk, please remove yourself from the list above by editing the page and removing your talk.
- If you cannot give your talk at the scheduled time, please edit the page, move your talk to your desired session.
- If there are too many talks in a session and they don't balance out by Friday, individual authors will be asked to move.
- VideoWiki: Building a video version of Wikipedia ~~Pratik Shetty~~
- "Documenting languages before they die — in an open and digital way" --Psubhashish (talk) 08:25, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
- Open Knowledge Maps: Bridging scientific knowledge gaps in Wikimedia projects --Peter Kraker 12:47, 22 June 2018 (UTC)
- The Cabbage Tree Method - facilitating users to design open source software. ~~Adam Hyde~~
- Wikipedia for Peace --Sparrow (麻雀) and Shikeishu (talk) 17:26, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
- Article Feedback revisited. -Geraki (talk) 08:16, 28 June 2018 (UTC)
- Wikipedia: Being clever is always in fashion. --safi-iren (talk) 16:03, 1 July 2018 (UTC)
- Wikiloop: sharing data back to Wikipedia from Google, first example dataset: cross-wiki conflicting birthdays -- Xinbenlv, invited by Sj
- Videoversity: getting license releases for wLEdX course videos and adding them to Wikiversity + Commons. Sj (talk) 09:39, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- (only if time allows or no show) Wiki Art Depiction Explorer - a new project for adding depicts statements to paintings in Wikidata -- Fuzheado (talk) 10:39, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- Taiwan is Promoting Wikipedia's Aboriginal Languages Version --Lithoiyen , Vickylin77amis (talk) 08:16, 25 June 2018 (UTC)
- Talking about "Keeping events safe" :) slides JSutherland (WMF) (talk) 21:17, 26 June 2018 (UTC)
- How to conduct and follow a good Edit-a-thon and the tools you need for it Original Plan(Slides)- Ranjithsiji (talk) 10:31, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
- Grassroot distribution of the Kiwix offline Wikipedia reader - 3 years in West Africa -- GastelEtzwane (talk) 22:06, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
- Wikipedia Cultural Diversity Observatory (WCDO): Bridging Content Culture Gaps (slides) (the lists of articles). marcmiquel --Marcmiquel (talk) 22:54, 5 July 2018 (UTC) (Direct video link: )
- Using Wikipedia as a tool for fighting disinformation, focusing on the Philippines' first Wikipedian in Residence program (slides). --Sky Harbor (talk) 00:06, 6 July 2018 (UTC)
- CEE Spring (slides) — running international article contest in 25 languages. -- Spiritia, Strainu, Braveheart, Papuass (talk) 20:19, 6 July 2018 (UTC)
- The Black Lunch Table project — Fishantena (talk),Heathart (talk) 21:19, 19 July 2018 (UTC)
- Wikidata in One Page guide – Use, translate and evolve this one page guide!  -- Fuzheado (talk) 07:44, 21 July 2018 (UTC)
- The Wikidata TERMINATOR! - easily contribute to disambiguate the most ambiguous topics on Wikidata! -- Ijon (talk) 08:34, 21 July 2018 (UTC)
- Women in Red. --Rosiestep (talk) 02:29, 15 June 2018 (UTC)
- Using Shape Expressions to capture and discuss data models on Wikidata --Andrawaag (talk) 13:37, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
- 5 years of Wikivoyage: Increasing number of articles through the contest (example of Ukraine). --visem20:41, 12 July 2018 (UTC)
- How did we interview the last living speaker of a language, and how will we share it in the open way? --Psubhashish (talk) 01:52, 13 July 2018 (UTC)
- How to attract young people to edit Wikipedia? Tomasz Bladyniec (talk) 19:09, 14 July 2018 (UTC)
- An update on the Sustainability Initiative. --Gnom (talk) 21:50, 16 July 2018 (UTC)
- Organizing multilingual and/or topic focused on on-site Edit-a-thons: Reaching out for potential interested participants using Wikitools --Ptolusque (talk) 15:42, 18 July 2018 (UTC)
- Awareness: The Wikipedia Instagram Campaign in Nigeria.--Jamie Tubers (talk) 22:48, 28 June 2018 (UTC)
- Wikidata and education — integrating Wikidata into curricula. Daniel Mietchen (talk) 23:04, 19 July 2018 (UTC)
- Digital philology at school with Wikisource. OrbiliusMagister (talk) 08:46, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- Wiki Loves Zamenhof/Esperanto Objects: Why and call to action --Sahaquiel9102 (talk) 16:58, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- Censorship, "Internet crisis", and Wikimedia --Techyan (talk) 08:46, 21 July 2018 (UTC)
- disappearing internet sources - a bot to help You identify them on Your Wiki Masti (talk) 14:01, 21 July 2018 (UTC) --> category stats
- State of the Cuteness - a review of This Year in Cuteness. Ijon (talk) 16:34, 21 July 2018 (UTC)