Welcome to the Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons satellite track at the Wikimania 2018 Hackathon!
In 2018 and 2019, structured data will be deployed on Wikimedia Commons. This means many new opportunities to hack on existing and new tools, develop prototypes and experiments.
Several members of the Structured Data on Commons team and several interested and engaged volunteers will be present at the Wikimania hackathon (and next hackathons too!) to work together with anyone interested in the project.
Topics and things to work on together[edit | edit source]
Visit and co-work at the Structured Commons tables/corner in the hacking space!
- Modelling Commons files with Wikidata properties and items—a 'real life' exercise like the community consultation that is currently also taking place on Wikimedia Commons
- Wikimedia Commons tools
- Updating existing Commons tools
- Opportunities for new tools, libraries, prototypes, technical experiments...
- Newcomer-friendly projects to work on
- How to organize volunteer developer tasks around Structured Commons on Phabricator...
Relevant projects[edit | edit source]
- Wikidata's WikiProject Sum of all Paintings
- Pattypan, bulk upload tool for Wikimedia Commons
- OpenRefine 3.0, tool for cleaning messy data, with (as of version 3.0) major support for Wikidata uploads and editing