Black Lunch Table meetup
The Black Lunch Table Meetup, Wikimania 2018 in Cape Town, will take place in Hong Kong room on Friday, July, 20, 2018 from 18:00 - 20:00 Everyone is invited to join us!
The Black Lunch Table (BLT) project focuses on disparities in representation, authorship and power in (art)historical records. It is comprised of a series of nomadic roundtables and Wikipedia edit‐a‐thons. BLT is hosted internationally by arts, civic, and educational institutions.
Our roundtable sessions are held over a communal meal and foster candid conversations related to the discussion of local and international socio‐political issues. We provide prompts informed by the histories and current events of the host communities. These conversations are audio recorded, then mastered, transcribed, and metadata tagged for inclusion on our dynamic online archive.
For this, our Wikimania roundtable session, BLT will convene members of the Wiki‐community to discuss topics related to equity, access, and diversifying historical authorship. This conversation intends to ground participants’ Wikimania 2018 experience in a conscious consideration of the impact Wikipedia can ultimately have on communities. Conversation prompts will focus on developing institutional partnerships, diversifying authorship, encouraging equitability, the Wikipedia racial gap, inclusion and the effects of citation and notability standards and the effects that Wikimedia’s structural and technical developments have on the diversity of authorship, and accessibility. Light refreshments provided.
History of The Black Lunch Table
The Black Lunch Table (BLT) is an ongoing project which intends to fill holes in the documentation of contemporary art history. In its 10 year existence, the BLT has taken a variety of forms relating to this most recent iteration, in the form of the Wikipedia edit-a-thon. BLT’s aim is the production of discursive sites (at literal and metaphorical lunch tables), wherein cultural producers of color engage in critical dialogue on topics directly affecting our communities. They endeavor to create spaces, online and off, mirroring the activity and creativity present in sites where Blackness and Art are performed.
!! COMPLIMENTARY AWESOME VEGAN DINNER TO FIRST 25 PARTICIPANTS TO ARRIVE !! all welcome to BYO! (add your name if you're interested in joining our discussion ).
- Heathart (talk) 19:21, 28 June 2018 (UTC)
- MassiveEartha (talk) 19:41, 1 July 2018 (UTC)
- Jamie Tubers (talk) 00:16, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
- Siarus1074 (talk) 23:50, 8 July 2018 (UTC)
- Fishantena (talk)
- Señoritaleona (talk) 21:10, 19 July 2018 (UTC)
- Spencer Graves = DavidMCEddy (talk) 23:25, 19 July 2018 (UTC)
- Olaniyan Olushola (talk) 03:27, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- FaithMwanyolo 12:41, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- Niklas Zimmer
- Wanda Guma
- Diptanshu Das (talk) 04:30, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- Shanluan (talk) 04:38, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- Sidheeq (talk) 05:12, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- A ka es (talk) 05:47, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- --ولاء (talk) 06:12, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- Boitshoko Oepeng
- RonnieV (talk) 07:17, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- Jac sm Kee
- Reem Al-Kashif (talk)
- Josie Fraser
- Esra'a Al Shafei
- Lynette Thabo
- Mckensiemack (talk) 16:01, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- Fouadas (talk)