User:Ovedc/Submissions/An Orphan Wants to be Adopted
להימנע מלתת מידע על מין או מלגה - הם עושים העדפה מתקנת
- Title of the submission
An Orphan Wants to be Adopted
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, poster, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- type of submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
The aim of this presentation is to introduce one WikiProject run on the Hebrew Wikipedia and lessons which we can learn from it; An orphan page is defined as "a page with few or no links from other pages". De-orphaning articles is an important aspect of building the web. In this presentation I'll share my experiences about this WikiProject for Orphans. The lecture will present examples, and will attempt to provide a method of managing local WikiProject Orphanage. This lecture will bring the Ubuntu way, by making 3 things: Making the community communicate and bond together for better article connections, Improving Wikipedia connectivity, making it more Ubuntu-life and Helping correcting mistakes towards warmer humanity.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
The aim of this submission is to introduce one WikiProject run on the Hebrew Wikipedia and lessons which we can learn from it; An orphan is defined as "a page with few or no links from other pages". These pages can still be found by searching Wikipedia, but it is preferable that they can also be reachable by links from related pages; it is therefore helpful to add links from other suitable pages with similar and/or related information. De-orphaning articles is an important aspect of building the web. I would like to share in this presentation my experiences about this WikiProject. I will give in my presentation tips and tricks on how to manage a WikiProject for Orphans, including:
- educating contributors
- maintaining the lists
- 4 stage to de-orphaning:
- Finding an orphaned article
- Finding related articles (methods)
- Adding links
- Remove the orphan template
The lecture will present examples, and will attempt to provide a methode of managing local WikiProject Orphanage.
- Theme of presentation
WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
Yes, depend of scholarship from Wikimedia Foundation
- Slides or further information (optional)
Coming soon. some slides...
- Special requests
First day would be nice. Not on Shabbat (Saturday)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).