Organizing committee Video team members
and 3 more
We will need online and onsite volunteers. You can also host a remote viewing of Wikimania sessions in your community. Please add your name and project.
To record sessions we will need volunteers present - scholarships might be available for volunteers. https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/volunteer_roles.html
Questions for research and discussion
- Can we learn from- or get volunteers from Debian Videoteam to help us livestream and record at the same time?
- Should we set up our own infrastructure as per their excellent documentation?
- How can we incorporate structured data into the recordings?
- How will recordings of seminars be used during the conference - advertised, where - etc.?
- How will recordings be used in the future? Should we record it if there is no strong sense of future use?
- How will recordings of seminars and sessions be linked, and found, by future users?
- How should we approach speakers about tagging and linking their content?
- What bandwidth is available?
- How many volunteers do we need?
- What technology can we use?
- What budget is available?
- Are we going to upload to Youtube? What is the correct channel to provide continuity between Wikimanias, and who maintains the account? (See Debconf Youtube)