Wikimania 2018 precisa de você!
Wikimania 2013 Hong Kong volunteers
Wikimania 2014 London volunteers
Wikimania 2015 Mexico volunteers
Wikimania 2016 Esino Lario volunteers
Wikimania 2017 Montréal volunteers
Por que eu deveria contribuir para a Wikimania?
Como a própria Wikipédia, a Wikimania é executada sem fins lucrativos—ela depende de voluntários para fazer sucesso. Precisamos da sua ajuda para que isso aconteça! O voluntariado na Wikimania é uma ótima oportunidade para:
- Dê algo de volta para a Wikipédia e seus projetos irmãos - todos nós os usamos todos os dias, mas esquecemos que eles são escritos por voluntários que dão seu tempo de graça
- Seja parte da entrega de um evento ambicioso e global
- Coloque algo único no seu currículo
- Aprenda com a comunidade
- Aproveite a conferência quando estiver de folga
- Socialize com outros voluntários
- Use suas habilidades para ajudar o movimento sem fins lucrativos da Wikimedia, por exemplo:
- mídias sociais e divulgação
- jornalismo e redação
- palco, áudio visual e gerenciamento de produção
- organização de eventos e gerenciamento de projetos
- liderança e resolução de problemas
- hospitalidade e atendimento ao cliente
- habilidades de linguagem
How can I help during the conference?
We will need people to help with:
- Doing outreach and promotion for the conference
- Assisting with monitoring conference sessions on site
- Staffing the registration and help desks
- Assisting attendees, making sure they can find their way around the Venue, and to other important locations such as hotels and public transport
- Helping with move-in and breakdown of the conference
- Assistance with video recording and live-streaming of sessions
and other tasks. We will also need volunteers who are on-hand to run errands or fill in gaps as required to make sure we have the flexibility to cover any gaps.
Being a Wikimedian may be useful in some roles, but is not a prerequisite to volunteering at Wikimania. Attendees of Wikimania from outside South Africa are very welcome to volunteer (language skills would be especially useful), but, as a volunteer-run conference, we do not have the resources to assist with the logistics or cost of international travel.
How does Volunteering work?
There are a variety of roles, which will be split into shifts so that everyone gets a break and can attend the sessions they want to. We'll be grateful for as much time as you're able to give. You will, of course, be fully supported during your shift—there will be somebody you can turn to if you need help, you will get breaks, and we will provide refreshments.
- Where do I sign up? We'll provide a general volunteer registration form as Wikimania 2018 approaches.
- What languages do I need to speak? Because of its international nature, volunteers to Wikimania are expected to speak English. Speaking another language also is a plus.
- How long do I have to volunteer to get a free conference pass to Wikimania? At least one eight hour shift, but if you can do more that is even better.
- Will I have to buy my own food? Volunteers will have access to refreshments and lunch at the conference.
- Will the conference pay for my accommodation if I am not from Cape Town? No.
- I am from outside South Africa. Can I still volunteer? Will you pay for my travel to South Africa? You can still volunteer for Wikimania from abroad. We don't provide accommodation or travel for volunteers.
- Can I still attend sessions if I am volunteering? If you let us know in advance which sessions you are most interested in attending, we will do our best to be flexible.
- How are the shifts divided in one day? These will be worked out as we get closer to the event.
How to reach us
You are interested in volunteering? Please assist us by providing contact information here: Google Forms
For people in the Wikimania team, go to the contact page.